WARNING!

WARNING! THIS SITE HAS PICTURES AND CONTENT OF A MEDICAL NATURE AND MAY NOT BE SUITABLE FOR EVERYONE. VIEW AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION.

Monday, April 11, 2011

Successful Treatment of Erosive Lichen Planus



I came across this medical article called, Successful Treatment of Erosive Lichen Planus With Topical Tacrolimus

It was co-published by researchers through Northwestern University Medical School and Mayo Clinic

There was a patient who had Oral Lichen Planus but also had some other diseases that made treating her with steroids not a good idea, so they tried out Tacrolimus on her and after a year she had good results.

I didn't have such good results with the Tacrolimus. For me, it intensified the burning sensations in my mouth the instant I used it, so I was reluctant to use it long enough to get good results. I'm am sure everyone has their own experience.

Click HERE for the article.

Note: The photo above was not taken recently. I show it here for educational purposes.

No comments:



Always seek the advice and supervision of a qualified licensed medical professional!

The information provided on this site has been created as an online journal only. The author is writing from her personal viewpoint and cannot guarantee the completeness or accuracy of the information displayed.

Comments to any of the entries are appreciated.