WARNING!

WARNING! THIS SITE HAS PICTURES AND CONTENT OF A MEDICAL NATURE AND MAY NOT BE SUITABLE FOR EVERYONE. VIEW AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION.

Sunday, September 26, 2010

Is it Stress? Forgetfullness, or overdoing it?

A week of stress, intense focus and needing to scurry about without sufficient rest or sleep can take it's toll.

So many articles on Oral Lichen Planus warn that stresses can "cause" OLP, and I have argued that point repeatedly.

Much of our lives are filled with stress. If it is so that stress causes OLP, they why doesn't everyone have it? I can agree that stress can contribute to a flare up, or contribute to worsening symptoms, but I still cannot accept that stress causes OLP!

That being said, here I am with an annoying flare up. But, let me be clear about this. Not only did I have considerable stress, this week, but I forgot to take my Cellcept several times.

After all, stress makes me a bit distracted and forgetful.

Soon, I realized that my tongue felt swollen, and i had a sore throat sensation in the right side of my mouth. This is where most of my nasty flare ups reside! I grabbed my magnifying mirror and saw that I also had a small angioma on top of my tongue. It comes and goes.

So here I am with raw mouth, getting religious about taking my meds, and admitting the possibility that stress can contribute to flare ups.

No comments:



Always seek the advice and supervision of a qualified licensed medical professional!

The information provided on this site has been created as an online journal only. The author is writing from her personal viewpoint and cannot guarantee the completeness or accuracy of the information displayed.

Comments to any of the entries are appreciated.