WARNING!

WARNING! THIS SITE HAS PICTURES AND CONTENT OF A MEDICAL NATURE AND MAY NOT BE SUITABLE FOR EVERYONE. VIEW AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION.

Saturday, July 10, 2010

Response of Oral Lichen Planus to Topical Tacrolimus

I have had topical Tacrolimus as part of my treatment. Though it was somewhat effective for me, it never eradicated my lesions, and therefore was unsatisfactory. Going without eating a nutritious diet because of my mouth sores was reason enough to keep trying other medications.



Though, it is well known that Tacrolimus is very helpful for some patients, perhaps it is because they do not have such a severe case as I have had. Mine was called Erosive Oral Lichen Planus, because the sores were so big on my tongue in particular.

You might find the following article useful and informative.

Response of Oral Lichen Planus to Topical Tacrolimus

No comments:



Always seek the advice and supervision of a qualified licensed medical professional!

The information provided on this site has been created as an online journal only. The author is writing from her personal viewpoint and cannot guarantee the completeness or accuracy of the information displayed.

Comments to any of the entries are appreciated.