WARNING!

WARNING! THIS SITE HAS PICTURES AND CONTENT OF A MEDICAL NATURE AND MAY NOT BE SUITABLE FOR EVERYONE. VIEW AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION.

Sunday, October 5, 2008

Recovering

I went to my family doctor in order to ask her to order the blood tests that the UCSF doctors wanted for comparison to previous tests. It's easier if they are done down here at home rather than my traveling 80 miles to get it done by requisition.

I am so glad my doctors are willing to work together. My primary orders my prescriptions. Definitely, I would not want to try to get a refill on an RX by having to drive all the way to SF just to find out they didn't put it through my insurance correctly!!!

Anyhow, I have the requisition for my blood tests in my purse right now. I just couldn't get out of the doctor's office early enough. I Was "wasted" on Friday, so I need to wait til Monday. It's just for a simple CBC with differential (my lymphocytes were below normal last time, and I had no monocytes) and a liver panel to see where the alkaline phosphatase is... last time pretty high. So, it will be probably the end of the week before I can have my results.

I don't feel as lousy as I did last week, so I am willing to bet the numbers have improved.

I am getting good deep rest and tons of dreams, mostly pleasant, for a change.

My SF doctor wants me to recover first before considering another drug. Right now, I just need to maintain low dose prednisone. If things get worse, I might need to increase the dose. I LOVE and hate Prednisone. I love how wonderful and energetic it makes me feel, but hate the other side effects, and worry about the long term, too.

No comments:



Always seek the advice and supervision of a qualified licensed medical professional!

The information provided on this site has been created as an online journal only. The author is writing from her personal viewpoint and cannot guarantee the completeness or accuracy of the information displayed.

Comments to any of the entries are appreciated.