WARNING!

WARNING! THIS SITE HAS PICTURES AND CONTENT OF A MEDICAL NATURE AND MAY NOT BE SUITABLE FOR EVERYONE. VIEW AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION.

Friday, October 24, 2008

Much Improved

It was seven hours away from home by myself. I really must find someone to keep me company next month when I return!

This is what the doctor said:

Mouth looks very much improved. (she took more pictures to present to her students for comparison to last month's erosions and the month before.) Unbenownst to me I do have a raw lesion on the right side of my tongue. She thought it would hurt, but honestly, I have had so much pain for so long that it really doesn't hurt to my knowledge. That is, until she started poking at it. But, that's to be expected. I don't feel my chronic pain so much until something pokes it, or presses on it.

She wants me to continue on prednisone only and decrease it to 5mg every other day. I need to have another blood test to see if my white cells are returning to normal yet. Then, I will return again in a month.

I think it is pretty good news for a long drawn out, (and pretty scenery) day.

No comments:



Always seek the advice and supervision of a qualified licensed medical professional!

The information provided on this site has been created as an online journal only. The author is writing from her personal viewpoint and cannot guarantee the completeness or accuracy of the information displayed.

Comments to any of the entries are appreciated.