WARNING!

WARNING! THIS SITE HAS PICTURES AND CONTENT OF A MEDICAL NATURE AND MAY NOT BE SUITABLE FOR EVERYONE. VIEW AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION.

Monday, September 29, 2008

Good News... Bad News....

I have been taking this immune modulator drug, Imuran, for a month now and my OLP is much improved, very much improved!

Unfortunately, I have been getting more flu-like symptoms recently and got to the point that every night after taking my pill, I got no sleep because of severe nausea, and I don't mean an upset stomach, I mean the kind where you wish you weren't face to face with the "throne".

I thought, well, perhaps it was just something I ate, but as it continued to worsen, I stopped taking the Imuran and had a good night's sleep. Take the pill again, no sleep. Stop taking pill... sleep. Doesn't take a genius to figure out it's the Imuran. Called my doctor in San Francisco today and told her what was going on. I just saw her on Friday. She told me to stop taking the Imuran, not just temporarily but permanently.

Blood tests reveal that I have a rare condition which is definitely NOT good for patients who take Imuran, in fact it could result in death according to some of the medical articles I have been reading. Yikes. Glad I had the test! Glad we have the results! I do wish we had the results before this! But, that's my fault. I had the orders, just didn't go to the lab to be tested right away. Live and Learn.

The test? It's called a TMPT. Now I gotta go research this more than I did the first time.

So, now I shall rest up, get some electrolytes down me and get well and start all over again with whatever is next to come along.

No comments:



Always seek the advice and supervision of a qualified licensed medical professional!

The information provided on this site has been created as an online journal only. The author is writing from her personal viewpoint and cannot guarantee the completeness or accuracy of the information displayed.

Comments to any of the entries are appreciated.