WARNING!

WARNING! THIS SITE HAS PICTURES AND CONTENT OF A MEDICAL NATURE AND MAY NOT BE SUITABLE FOR EVERYONE. VIEW AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION.

Friday, August 29, 2008

Excellent Article

Though this article was published in 2001, it is quite well written and explanatory of Oral Lichen Planus, comparing a number of patients over a period of years, and defining three degrees of OLP, which I would call, mild, intermediate and severe. Though they didn't use those terms. The article is called Oral lichen planus: Patient profile, disease progression and treatment responses

One thing surprised me in that OLP was referred to as a common condition. I had no idea. I guess everyone else who has it is close mouthed about it. (Pun intended.) I have a tendency to tell everyone, and anyone who will listen whatever the heck is going on with me, whether it is big old rotten gashes on the sides of my tongue, underneath and on top, or even the latest on my 19 year old cat. I have a very open Johari window Sometimes I wish it would close a bit. I'm sure some people don't want too much information!

Found another excellent article published in 2000, called The Bullous Desquamative Lesions of Oral Mucosa.

No comments:



Always seek the advice and supervision of a qualified licensed medical professional!

The information provided on this site has been created as an online journal only. The author is writing from her personal viewpoint and cannot guarantee the completeness or accuracy of the information displayed.

Comments to any of the entries are appreciated.