WARNING!

WARNING! THIS SITE HAS PICTURES AND CONTENT OF A MEDICAL NATURE AND MAY NOT BE SUITABLE FOR EVERYONE. VIEW AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION.

Saturday, July 26, 2008

So, I spent most of today in bed. Been using the clobetasol with insufficient effect. My mouth is so bad, I cannot speak. Well, I can speak but it hurts like hell to enunciate. One phone call I was able to handle. But, when I had two other calls, my callers repeatedly couldn't hear or understand me. Finally, decided to go back on the prednisone. Started with 40 mg. because it was already after noon when I made the decision and I wanted to be able to sleep.

So sick all day. Every time I got up, I broke into a sweat. I hate when that happens. I can't work around it, can't distract myself by doing other things. Just got to lay there.

Don't know if I made the right decision, but am desperate. I just started some other new medication yesterday. I had been having intermittent right lower quadrant pain for about 6 weeks. I kept putting the symptoms to the kink in my ureter where it tucks underneath the bladder because of previous surgeries. It had gotten worse and the uptake is that I got to see the urologist on Friday. I have blood in my urine. He thinks perhaps I'm passing stones. (I thought that was supposed to be excruciating?) He gave me RX for antibiotic and Flomax, which is I thought was supposed to be for men only. But apparently it relaxes the ureter and allows stones to pass.

Unfortunately, this evening the Flomax seems to be doing it's job. Kats is here with me (in the shower at the moment). At one point I was in pretty bad shape. I shouldn't have gotten out of bed to watch Hellboy, which we rented from Netflix. So, when it was over and heading back into the bedroom, when a really hard spasm hit. After that we discussed possibility of ER. He worries the neighbors will hear my cry out and think he is hurting me, he says. Have been just laying here chilling out, breathing, calming myself and felt the episode had passed. But as I am writing, I had another spasm. If I can make it another couple of inches it will be out of the bladder soon. I'd rather not go to the ER.

One good thing... my mind is definitely off the mouth!

No comments:



Always seek the advice and supervision of a qualified licensed medical professional!

The information provided on this site has been created as an online journal only. The author is writing from her personal viewpoint and cannot guarantee the completeness or accuracy of the information displayed.

Comments to any of the entries are appreciated.