WARNING!

WARNING! THIS SITE HAS PICTURES AND CONTENT OF A MEDICAL NATURE AND MAY NOT BE SUITABLE FOR EVERYONE. VIEW AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION.

Friday, February 1, 2008

First Treatment Day

Since I was unable to get my Prescriptions filled yesterday, I got part today and began to take my first dose of Prednisone, 2o mg. 3 times. Took first 20 as soon as I got up, then a few hours later, then a few hours after that.

The last time I was on Prednisone, this was the dosage I started on, and I didn't take it so closely. But, because I had waited until evening to take my last dose, I had been unable to sleep, so that is why I took them so closely together. It made me a bit shakey. But, nothing intolerable. Still in the evening I didn't feel tired enough to sleep. Not as bad as last time, but I knew if I gave into it, I would. So, I laid down and read for a while. Unfortunately, when I finally grew tired, it was 3 AM.

I forgot to take the Nystatin mouth swish today.

Oh, well. At least I do feel better. I don't feel like I am dying and that is a big improvement.

The mouth picture shows the swelling on the right side of my jaw. It is much more noticeable than I thought. I had only considered it to simply be my double chin. But, the picture brings it out. No wonder it aches so much, all the way into below my ear.

Not wishing to complain. Just stating the medical facts. Just hope this will help someone else going through this to see how it is working for me. If I can get through this, then someone else can.

Erosive Oral Lichen Planus

No comments:



Always seek the advice and supervision of a qualified licensed medical professional!

The information provided on this site has been created as an online journal only. The author is writing from her personal viewpoint and cannot guarantee the completeness or accuracy of the information displayed.

Comments to any of the entries are appreciated.