WARNING!

WARNING! THIS SITE HAS PICTURES AND CONTENT OF A MEDICAL NATURE AND MAY NOT BE SUITABLE FOR EVERYONE. VIEW AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION.

Monday, February 11, 2008

I went to my Rheumatologist today for blood results, which were good. Just a high Alkaline Phosphatase. She was happy to see me walking so well. (due to prednisone). I feel great in this category! I showed her some of the pictures of my tongue, and how much it has improved. She's glad I showed her, as she was just about to order Plaquenil for my arthritis, but apparently it's contraindicated in Oral Lichen Planus. So, she wants to do Cellcept after I get off this treatment, though is putting it back over to the UCSF Stomatologist to decide that for sure.

If I can feel as good as I do when I am on Prednisone and not have such bad side effects, as it produces, I would be soooooo happy. Just these last 10 days has made such a difference in my general well being (except emotional lability and insomnia) that I have a spring in my step and can actually stand up in the kitchen, prepare a whole meal, and clean it up afterwards.... after having gone shopping for the groceries and put them away!

If it turns out that Cellcept is not going to be an option, the plan is to go on prednisone (and Diflucan, forgot to mention) once every 3 to 4 months to keep the OLP at bay, instead of waiting until it takes over again.

Erosive Oral Lichen Planus

No comments:



Always seek the advice and supervision of a qualified licensed medical professional!

The information provided on this site has been created as an online journal only. The author is writing from her personal viewpoint and cannot guarantee the completeness or accuracy of the information displayed.

Comments to any of the entries are appreciated.