WARNING!

WARNING! THIS SITE HAS PICTURES AND CONTENT OF A MEDICAL NATURE AND MAY NOT BE SUITABLE FOR EVERYONE. VIEW AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION.

Saturday, February 2, 2008

Second Treatment Day

Since I didn't get to sleep until late, I didn't get up 'til late. However, at least I didn't wake up with my ass dragging as I usually do. Still have that shaky feeling though. I took 20 mg. twice today. First dose as about 11 AM. Second dose about 5 PM. I began to settle down earlier and made some decaf tea with a melatonin and herbal sleep formula in it. Was able to feel sleepy easier. But, still awake about two in the morning. It's not that the Prednisone makes me feel buzzed. I just feel so good! Tiredness is not a part of it.

Interestingly, the back of my throat doesn't feel so raw. I can see a little bit of improvement. Tongue is still swollen though. Makes it hard to eat anything. I was able to eat oatmeal with cranberries and later for lunch an avocado sandwich. I know the avocado has calories, but it is a "good fat" and my mouth can tolerate the softness and the whole wheat bread is small size and half the calories of other breads. I couldn't toast it, though. Not yet.

Emotions are a bit on edge, feel a bit hyper, like the engine is revving fast, but the car is going slow. That's understandable as my body hasn't had energy in so long, it doesn't know how to get up and go so well.

I was able to drive to the store and spend a little time shopping. Though exhausted by the time I got home. But, it was nice to just get out and do something "recreational".

I came across an RSS feed specific to Lichen Planus, which I put in in my Bloglines Feed to refer to later.

Taking a moment to investigate the contents while I had my morning Tea, I was surprised to see this title, "Malar Lichen Planus: a New Variant". What an odd coincidence after my writing about this yesterday. Unfortunately, like so many informative up-to-date medical articles it is for sale. (nearly $50!) Wish I could read it to determine if it is speculation, or considered to be a medically documented association between OLP and Malar rash. (and peer reviewed would be nice) It would certainly explain why my face gets so red when I am in a flare up, if it is so. Interestingly, the redness on my face fluctuates. One moment during the day, I will realize that it is red, because suddenly it is burning. And later in the day, it is not noticeable. Even putting a cold wet washcloth on it doesn't remove the burning sensation.

Anyhow, I wrote to the author asking for a PDF copy of the article. So, we shall see.

Erosive Oral Lichen Planus

No comments:



Always seek the advice and supervision of a qualified licensed medical professional!

The information provided on this site has been created as an online journal only. The author is writing from her personal viewpoint and cannot guarantee the completeness or accuracy of the information displayed.

Comments to any of the entries are appreciated.