WARNING!

WARNING! THIS SITE HAS PICTURES AND CONTENT OF A MEDICAL NATURE AND MAY NOT BE SUITABLE FOR EVERYONE. VIEW AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION.

Monday, February 4, 2008

Fourth Treatment Day

Couldn't fall asleep til 3 am, got up at 9 so not too bad. Was emotionally labile. I had received bad news about two friends in the last two days, and so today it hit me. Prednisone, shall I blame it on that? Calmed myself down and got on with life.

I am now down to 30 mg. prednisone. Found my old Clobetasol and using it temporarily as my new prescription for the gel is not yet available.

Kats took some pics of my mouth. I can see some improvement. The ulcers are not so puffy and seem a little less red. The swelling in my jaw is down and not so achy. I was not able to eat toast with tea at breakfast time. But for lunch was able to eat some soft chicken and a bit of white bread. Salad was a mistake, except for the beets. It is too painful to actually do any serious chewing. I noticed that the blue cheese dressing did not burn too much. Though maybe that is because I only had a little. But, it was nice just to have some different flavor.

I have been only eating soft foods, and not very nutritious. This last two months even having energy to prepare a proper meal was beyond me. Macaroni and cheese, yogurt (depending on the acidity of the fruit), jello, well-cooked rice, soup, over-cooked veggies. You would think ice cream would be nice, but it is not. Anything icy or hot just isn't worth the pain and added insult.

Several times during the day, suddenly it will become painful to talk. But, this is better than it was. The sores on the lateral side of the tongue, seem to be bumping up against the teeth, and this is quite painful. So I avoid talking during those times. Disconcerting to my boyfriend when he wants to converse. But, he understands. I think the lack of teeth in my mouth sets my jaw off to one side and that interferes, too. If I really have to say something, sometimes it helps to keep my jaw closed and just speak like a ventriloquist.

Was able to have a little ice cream in the evening. I have to let it melt a bit, otherwise the coldness is unpleasant.

Erosive Oral Lichen Planus

No comments:



Always seek the advice and supervision of a qualified licensed medical professional!

The information provided on this site has been created as an online journal only. The author is writing from her personal viewpoint and cannot guarantee the completeness or accuracy of the information displayed.

Comments to any of the entries are appreciated.