WARNING!

WARNING! THIS SITE HAS PICTURES AND CONTENT OF A MEDICAL NATURE AND MAY NOT BE SUITABLE FOR EVERYONE. VIEW AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION.

Sunday, February 10, 2008

Eleventh Treatment Day

Four hours sleep. Oh my! I've been on Prednisone before, but I don't remember being so very short of sleep. The allergy pill didn't help this time. Felt chills and feverish most of night and morning. Stuffy nose all day, with hoarseness. Am I coming down with something? That's not fair!!!

Took all my dosage about noon, and didn't split it up through the day, as I had been, to see if this gives my body a chance to get tired enough to get some sleep. Took some Tylenol for mild headache (before it turns into migraine).

About 3 pm, I had a melt down. Kats and I were in Kinko's making lots of copies. Actually he was making copies, I was putting papers in order. I just felt so yucky, pain pain started in arm and shoulder went up into neck and jaw. I felt nauseous and clammy and dripping with sweat. I really must be coming down with something. I carry Dilaudid with me for severe pain episodes caused by my internal hemipelvectomy and was sorely tempted to take one at that point. B ut took aspirin instead (double heart dose) just in case. Pain and weakness continued through until we got home where I could lie down and rest. I need sleep! Spent rest of the evening in bed, reading, watching TV and laptop.

Mouth, on the other hand, is still improving. I was able to eat a tuna sandwich again with lettuce and olives! Kats noticed the improvement as I was not wincing, holding my mouth, or turning away from food. In fact he teased me about finishing off the whole thing. Yeah, well, I went so long with little servings of jello, yogurt, Cream of Wheat, overcooked mac n cheese and didn't lose any weight. It seems that I probably will gain now that I can tolerate eating a whole sandwich in one sitting. I am just so grateful to be feeling so much better.

Erosive Oral Lichen Planus

No comments:



Always seek the advice and supervision of a qualified licensed medical professional!

The information provided on this site has been created as an online journal only. The author is writing from her personal viewpoint and cannot guarantee the completeness or accuracy of the information displayed.

Comments to any of the entries are appreciated.