WARNING!

WARNING! THIS SITE HAS PICTURES AND CONTENT OF A MEDICAL NATURE AND MAY NOT BE SUITABLE FOR EVERYONE. VIEW AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION.

Thursday, February 7, 2008

Eighth Treatment Day

Same dose of Predisone and Diflucan for the next couple days until I titer down again. I realize that my use of the Clobetasol Gel is inadequate. Though I put it under and on top of my tongue and a light rub against the insides of my cheeks, I did not diligently apply it along the gums. I took a look-see in the mirror and the lower gums seem to have benefited some, but the top gums definitely need some help. There are some white patches, and redness. I hadn't really taken a good look before as I was so focused upon what was obvious. It seems that my lips are responding too.
I am happy that there is improvement. Not such a sore throat, and the aching in my jaw, cheek and neck has disappeared. The robin's egg sized nodules (sub-lingual, I think they are called) are still swollen, firm and sore. But, getting better.

I was able to eat oatmeal for breakfast, later some avocado, then rice and squash for dinner. I feel quite ravenous, so there were second helping, except for the avocado. I have got to be able to chew salad pretty soon, or I am going to balloon up, and since I am already zeppelin sized, I don't want to do that!

Was able to brush teeth without a high degree of pain, and spend a little more time tolerating it. Gums do bleed, especially around the two back bottom teeth.

I am a bit concerned about the fact that I don't feel tired at all. I guess most people would like that, but I wonder how long I can keep this up without crashing.

The emotionality is still within "normal" limits, if one considers the fact that I work with cancer patients. I have had contact today with the husband of another sarcoma patient who is in last stages. Actually, now that I think about it, maybe having some tears and sadness is acceptable. I can't imagine what it would be like to repress those feelings. Maybe more stressful than not expressing myself? Thank heavens for friends so we can be there for each other.

Erosive Oral Lichen Planus

No comments:



Always seek the advice and supervision of a qualified licensed medical professional!

The information provided on this site has been created as an online journal only. The author is writing from her personal viewpoint and cannot guarantee the completeness or accuracy of the information displayed.

Comments to any of the entries are appreciated.