WARNING!

WARNING! THIS SITE HAS PICTURES AND CONTENT OF A MEDICAL NATURE AND MAY NOT BE SUITABLE FOR EVERYONE. VIEW AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION.

Monday, October 29, 2007

Telling a Friend

From an email I sent to a friend:

Among the various meds we tried, Lidex was not all that effective. According to the Stomatologist at UCSF, it's the worst case she has ever seen. (don't know why she had to tell me that also said incurable) She brought in a camera and took pictures and had me return the following week to use me for a teaching session for her students, which I really didn't mind, as I went five years with my local dermatologist not knowing what it was. If twenty future physicians will recognize it when they get someone with the same, at least they will know what it is.

Most of the time it is tolerable. Just have to eat bland food, and that is it. No problem there, as my tummy only likes that kind too. It is intolerable when it heads underneath my tongue and back of the throat and along the gum. Then a drink of water gets challenging, and there is considerable pain and swelling. Then it moves into raw bleeding along side the tongue.

That's when I call my doc for the prednisone RX.

No comments:



Always seek the advice and supervision of a qualified licensed medical professional!

The information provided on this site has been created as an online journal only. The author is writing from her personal viewpoint and cannot guarantee the completeness or accuracy of the information displayed.

Comments to any of the entries are appreciated.