WARNING!

WARNING! THIS SITE HAS PICTURES AND CONTENT OF A MEDICAL NATURE AND MAY NOT BE SUITABLE FOR EVERYONE. VIEW AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION.

Saturday, October 27, 2007

Challenged Balancing Act

My immune system is being a little challenged right now. Oral Lichen Planus is acting up, it's under my tongue and back all the way to the eustacian (I think) as it is causing pain in the ear and down the neck and beneath the chin near the salivary glands.

I've been through a number of meds in the past. Protopic was painful and not all that effective. Systemic prednisone the most effective. But, I hate to take it all the time. As it is I'm on it about 3 times a year. starting at 60 mg and titering down for about a week. That last's for a while and I feel great.

But, here I am again feeling low energy, mild fevers and so on. Recent blood test show lymphocytopenia. the others that go with it are off too, but only minimally, I was recently given tretinoin gel to put on my tongue, burns like the dickens, and is useful unless I am really flared up.

So I have gone back to Clobetasol. The only problem with it is that I will end up with thrush and have to go on antifungals for a while.

It's an ongoing balancing act.

No comments:



Always seek the advice and supervision of a qualified licensed medical professional!

The information provided on this site has been created as an online journal only. The author is writing from her personal viewpoint and cannot guarantee the completeness or accuracy of the information displayed.

Comments to any of the entries are appreciated.