WARNING!

WARNING! THIS SITE HAS PICTURES AND CONTENT OF A MEDICAL NATURE AND MAY NOT BE SUITABLE FOR EVERYONE. VIEW AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION.

Tuesday, December 21, 2004

Not Suicidal

Just thought I'd mention that I have a case of candida (mouth thrush) alongside with my OLP. Can't figure out if it a result of the previous oral paste steroids I was using or just plain coincidental. Now that I am on prednisone, also on fluconazole to keep the candida at bay. I have noticed increased itchy skin all around, since the pred was added. Makes me wonder if the candida could be on the skin as well as in the mouth, though I see no lesions.

Just to clarify,.... No, not feeling suicidal anymore.

Just have felt pretty darned discouraged at times, and observing those incredible swings of emotion that accompany being "ill". This last many months have had a tremendous impact on me. I have already been through a lot in life that has strengthened me in so many ways, and then something new comes along (OLP) and, whoa, there I am again! Life is funny that way.

At least now, I am doing well enough that I can almost chew without it feeling like shards of glass. And I can speak without slurring. Tongue is so much better behaved, too.

I am seeing the light at the end of the tunnel.

There's hope.

No comments:



Always seek the advice and supervision of a qualified licensed medical professional!

The information provided on this site has been created as an online journal only. The author is writing from her personal viewpoint and cannot guarantee the completeness or accuracy of the information displayed.

Comments to any of the entries are appreciated.